Tuesday, January 31, 2012





I don't think I have written a blog about how magical my time was at home before the wedding. Because it was. Totally magical.
While it was incredibly sad to leave Boston ( I think I've mentioned a time or two how much I love that place), the 2 and a half months I spent on the Flats in Milford was just what I needed.
Ever since I caught the traveling bug at 19 I've spent most of my adult life away from home. It was beyond wonderful to spend so much time with the people I love (and am slightly obsessed with).
So I spent those 2 plus months, planning my wedding, working on my brother's pig farm (True story), driving security at the pig farms (including 1 ghost pig farm that use to FREAK me out), taking walks in the beautiful country, having my mom do my laundry, going to Cedar with the girls, game nights, having my mom make me toast, 4-wheeler rides and MOST importantly spending time with my favorite Milford/Minserville crew.....With the occasional visits from the city cousins!
I had my base camp at Joel and Maria's. They have 3 ADORABLE little boys. They have this one little guy named Ty.....He was my shadow the whole time I lived there. Most mornings when I would wake up it would be to Ty either knocking at my door and saying "Sheesha, you in there?" or him just turning the knob and coming in. We had SO much fun together while big brother was at school and newborn baby Jack was sleeping. We went on LOTS of walks together.

It usually started out with Mr. Ty IN the wagon but would always end up with him trying to pull it. It was a 3 mile loop around the neighborhood. Sometimes it took forever. But I loved every second of it.

Sometimes I would take my buddy Spencer by himself. Don't think I'm a bad influence by letting him smash beer bottles. It was seriously SO fun to smash them! We would have races to see who could find them first. Usually Spencer was on his bike so he would totally beat me to them!

He reminds me SO much of his daddy in this:)

And at least once a week, we would head to Minersville and pick up my other favorite little guy and go get Frazzles and go to the park. Seriously, could these kids be ANY cuter?

And sometimes I would take Bridger all by himself to Alco to pick out a prize. We occasionally threw one in for Grammy!

I'm excited I get to see these cute faces in March (along with all the other ones)! How could you not be excited when you get texts like these:

Don't worry, I say they're ALL my favorite:)

2 comments:

  1. How do you always manage to make me cry? These boys are sooooo lucky to have you as an Aunt....all of them!! You are an amazing person, wife, Aunt, daughter, and soon to be mother!!! Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS a magical time! Your nephews and nieces are the luckiest kids on the planet! Milford will forever be calling your name and we can't wait for you to come visit!

    Spencer keeps replaying the video.. I hope that is the only beer bottle he ever picks up!

    ReplyDelete