Friday, January 4, 2013

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

We had another great Christmas and New Year's here on the prairie.  While it was hard missing out on being with my family in Utah, I'm lucky to have Jeff and Liv and Jeff's family here to celebrate with.  We had such a great couple weeks with extra days off work and responsibilities.
Christmas Eve we went to dinner at Zio's with Jeff's family and Lana's brother's family (tradition).  We skipped out on the movie this year.  We didn't think Little O would appreciate it....and people in the theater wouldn't appreciate us for bringing her:)

Christmas morning Olivia opened her presents from Santa.  She is SO cute.  I think she mostly just liked ripping the paper!

Then the rest of the day was spent at the Hale's opening gifts, eating, playing games, and Jeff taking Olivia "sledding" with stiff objections from mama:)

It was a really great day.  I can't wait until Olivia gets older and understands how truly MAGICAL Christmas is.  I'm SO grateful to celebrate the birth of our Savior.  Because of him I get to be with my family Forever!

 
New Year's Eve outfit.  From grandma and grandpa Slade.  We HAD to represent:)
Olivia LOVES her Hale cousins.  Miss Haley is such a big helper with her.  And Olivia loves her!


On New Year's Eve we again went to the Hale's and ate appetizers and played games, then celebrated "midnight" with the East Coast.  I think if we had waited any longer Liv would have not made it.




 I was shocked she stayed up until 11:00......There's just something about being at Mimi's that makes those kids want to stay up:)

The next day I think we literally spent about 99% of it lounging in bed watching TV and taking naps.  Liv was a champ and took around 7 hours worth of naps.  I think she was worn out from the Holiday's!

I'm looking forward to the New Year.  I have lots to look forward to and be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment