Wednesday, July 10, 2013

4th of July!

The 4th of July has become one of my favorite Holidays.  It's especially had more meaning the last 3 years.....On the 4th of July in 2010 Jeff proposed.  Here's how it happened.
I was in Oklahoma visiting for the first time.  I didn't really EXPECT for Jeff to propose on this trip.  I was pretty sure it would happen at some point but didn't think THIS soon:)  Although I should have thought something was up when talking to my mom before leaving she told me to have fuuuun in only the way my mom can to let you know something is up!
That year the 4th of July fell on a Sunday which meant I went with Jeff to his singles ward.  He was ward clerk at the time so we had to go early, it was also fast Sunday AND we had to stay late.  I swear we were at church for like 80 hours.  I kept thinking if he doesn't get me a diet coke and some food soon he's going to find out real fast how charming I am on an empty stomach.
When he suggested we go by the temple on the way home, I though is he INSANE?  I'm thirsty and starving.  But since we were still in dating mode I told him it was a great idea....As we pulled up to the temple the rain stopped and it was beautiful outside.  He took me around the temple to see the grounds and I remember thinking this is nice now let's go home.  Then he stopped in front, and got down on one knee.....I finally clued in to what was happening.  He said something along the lines of I want to spend forever with you, will you marry me?  It's a bit of a blur.  I think I was hyperventilating.  I of course said yes, and the rest is history!
Fast forward 3 years ( I don't talk much about last year because I was 9 months pregnant and miserable!) and we have our little O to make Holidays even MORE magical.
We had a great time this year.  It fell on a Thursday and Jeff and I got both Thursday and Friday off.  It was so much fun!
Olivia and daddy waiting for the "Red White & Boom" concert to start.  It was our first year going and we really like it!  Aunt Lindsay and Uncle Kasey and our friend Jordan and her little girl Addy came as well.

  The weather was SO GORGEOUS!
 Sitting with her Mimi!
 Waiting for the fireworks to start!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment