Thursday, October 6, 2011

BOOMER!

Hello. My name is Alicia and I'm married to an OU-aholic. Really. Our first "fight" was over OU. For those of you who know me, know I can be well.....stubborn:) When someone tells me I have to do something, or like something, I'll dig in and do the opposite, even if I secretly want to go along. There is something in my nature that just won't let me give in.


I can't remember exactly how the conversation/fight got started but it was something along the lines of me saying: "I will never cheer for OU. I didn't grow up here. You can't make me change who I root for." What a brat....I think I was just trying to control something in my life that at that moment had so many HUGE changes ,that I felt like I was spiraling out of control. Quite a bit of drama for a conversation about football!


Any who, since then I've come a long way because I know it makes Mr. Fix-it happy when I cheer for them. I even had an OU party for their first game this year! I also have an OU blanket that my wonderful (I seriously love her) mother-in-law gave me. I snuggle up with it when I'm on the couch watching TV.


And last week I got to go to my VERY first game. And I have to say, I was completely swept up by it. The pageantry of the pre-game, the crowd, the stadium, our wonderful seats, my cute husband's excitement, the delicious hot dog I ate, the way OU CREAMED Ball State (I know I've never heard of them before either. I loved all of it. I may have even teared up during the opening festivities. Hey, I'm not embarrassed. I cry sometimes:)




Plus how cute is my husband?I would do just about anything to make him happy, EXCEPT for giving up watching "Toddlers and Tiaras."


I can now say I am officially an OU fan, unless they are playing BYU (Jeff even agreed on this!)


Watch the following clip and just try to say it's not a pretty cool team to root for with all it's tradition and winning ways:)




You can hear at the end of the video Jeff saying "On-side kick?" And I think I said "Nice" Oops! I guess Ball State knowing what they were in for: A 62-6 drubbing, thought they would try a trick play. I think it just made the OU players want to murder them!

5 comments:

  1. You 2 are adorable, that is for sure. Go OU. Is that Oklahoma or Ohio? he he he he he he he......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post, but my reason for commenting? I watch Toddlers and Tiaras too! Guilty Pleasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alicia- I just found your blog from your comment on ep's. I'm so happy to get a little glimpse of how you're doing. I'm sure it's been a big adjustment moving from here to there but I hope you are settling in and feeling a little more normal. We miss you up here! I hope you guys get to come and visit sometime. You must be excited that Jen is moving down although the rest of us are pretty sad about it!
    Take care and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss everyone in Boston too! But good news...I will be coming for a visit in November! I seriously can't wait. If only I was teaching primary I would feel completely at home:)

    ReplyDelete