Thursday, November 21, 2013

Full Heart

Oh Olivia!  You have certainly been on one this week.  You've made me laugh and cry within minutes of each other....But mostly laugh.



You've been obsessed with taking you shirt off and, destroying your pack n play during naps.  Most days I have to go back in twice during naps to put your shirt back on and fix your bed.  It's funny the first time...not the following ones.


My cue that there is trouble is when you are quiet.  Here's a little secret, sometimes I don't care because it means I can get work done.  I just have to weigh the pros and cons with letting you continue your destruction.


Clearly this was one of those, continue with ruining that label making tape, because I have phone calls to return times.


Then you have a moment like this and I could die of your cuteness.  But Liv, PLEASE stop growing SOOO fast.  You're becoming a big girl right before my eyes.

Tonight after I put you down to sleep, I was running around the house trying to do laundry and dishes while daddy was at school.  I was just in the thick of things when you started screaming (you sometimes get night terrors like your daddy did when he was little).  As I was holding you I was thinking of all the things that I needed to still do before I could go to bed.  Then, I felt this little warm hand come to rest on my arm.  For that moment in time life was perfect.  There was no messy house, sick family members to worry about, bills to pay, etc.  There was just you and me in that chair in your room.  It was a little bit of Heaven on Earth.
I love you and your destructive ways.  I know someday I'll look back and miss them.  Just maybe not today!  And guess what?  After you were safe back in your bed with your blankie, binki and Spot, the dishes were still there:)  So I guess I didn't miss out on anything, by having that perfect moment with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment