Monday, May 16, 2011

How I came to live on the prairie.......

Not too long ago, I was a single gal living the good life in Boston. I had lived in that area for a total of about 5ish years and loved every second of it. I had a really great group of friends who I did EVERYTHING with....Including a trip to Bob's in the middle of a huge snowstorm.....at 1:00 in the morning.....(With my 8 month pregnant future sister-in-law:) In the spring of 2010 I was dating a guy I had met online. He lived in D.C. At the end of March we met each other in New York for the day. I had a really great time and thought that this could be promising.....At the beginning of April we made plans for me to come see him in D.C. during my vacation. This is where it all got interesting! One of my best friends Jennifer would always say "I wish you were closer to my brother's age. You would be perfect for each other." I assumed he was like 18 or something. Then one day, while eating at Denny's she showed me a picture of her brother at a cousin's wedding. I took one look and thought, "holy cow, he's cute!" And it just so happened that he was going to be coming to Boston for "Patriots Day." I met him and instantly thought he was so adorable. We got to hang out for a few days and had a great (and slightly awkward) time. The day after he left I called up D.C. guy and told him it wasn't going to work out. After about a week of getting to know each other on where else but Facebook, Jeff asked me how I would feel about him coming back out to Boston so we could go on a date. I of course said I would LOVE it. So a couple weeks later he came back out and took me on our first date to Fenway.















I think I called my mom on the way home and told her that I thought he was the one. And a couple of days later while we were on a day trip to Nantucket, I knew I had fallen in LOVE. Long story short, he proposed on the 4th of July while I was out visiting him in OK. We got married on November 27th, 2010 in the Manti Temple. And now here I am living on the prairie in Edmond, OK. This blog is a way for me to share with family and friends the life Jeff and I are building together. It's been an amazing 5 months so far!

8 comments:

  1. It has been the best 5 months! I love you! And I'm happy that you started your blog! Now you should go read my last blog post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! it is so fun. and congrats again on finding "the one".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the fabulous world of blogging! I can't wait to see what is in store for you and Jeff. I could not be happier for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it leesh! So excited to keep updated pn your life. You two are adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu guys are all so sweet! I have the best friends in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog and love you! Can't wait for your RECIPES!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOORAY -- you are FINALLY a blogger!!!

    ReplyDelete