Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mr. Fix it






This is my cute husband Jeff. But for this post I'm going to call him "Mr. Fix it". I'm pretty sure he can fix anything. Last summer I told him about my friends air conditioner that only worked on low or high. It had been that way for a couple of years. He googles the problem, tells my friend what to buy and then fixes it for her. Easy as pie. I could go on about his expertise on fixing things. But I just wanted to share my favorite 2 stories.



A couple of weeks ago Mr. Fix it and I were at some drive-thru somewhere......He was tapping his card against the window when.......It fell through the crack! I thought for sure he would have to call and cancel his credit card. But no, that would be too easy. What does Mr. Fix it do?



He takes apart the car door or course. Wouldn't you? I thought for sure the door would never work again. But it does. Good as new (as in 1996 new!). And in this picture you can see him proudly holding up his card.



I didn't find the next story so funny. Mr. Fix it and I live in a small apartment. With a teensy kitchen. Which is fine for right now. I'm in heaven having my own place for the first time in my life. So, one day as I'm getting ready to make some chicken fried rice (which was heaven by the way!), Jeff comes in and starts pulling out this drawer next to the stove. Next thing I know he has wood glue and some sort of tool thing attached to the drawers. Now I love his talent of fixing things, but really while I'm cooking dinner in our TINY kitchen? As I turned around from the stove I stabbed my side on that stupid tool thing sticking out. You can see the soy sauce next to the glue! Don't worry. I saved dinner.


Good thing I have pictures like this:


To remind me of how stinking cute he is!!!!!!!!
















2 comments:

  1. Does Mr. Fix-it want a job in Arlington, MA fixing up the Edmund Inn? Then you can go back to Edmond, OK!!! ;) That is awesome to have such a handy (and handsome) guy around.

    The other day I walked into Gold's and something just reminded me of how I used to see you there. I almost broke out in tears and wished I could say good morning to my one motivator at the gym!

    You are STILL missed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Fix it DOES want a job in Arlington, MA! Wouldn't that be awesome. I wish you worked out at my gym......Then maybe I would go more often. Miss you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete