Thursday, June 2, 2011

The most delicious bread you'll ever eat!!!




I was recently on the website: http://www.ourbestbites.com/, (which by the way I am obsessed with) when I saw this recipe for cheesy garlic bread. I KNEW I had to try it. After the first bite I was in LOVE. I had to freeze half of it so I didn't inhale all of it the first night. Don't judge me if I pulled the second half out of the freezer a couple days later and ate it......Anyone reading this HAS TO MAKE IT!!!!!!




Ingredients:


1 round loaf of sourdough bread


8 oz of mozzarella cheese-grated


1/2 cup of olive oil


3-4 cloves of crushed garlic-I think I added 5 but I'm obsessed with garlic!(Put the garlic in the olive oil and let sit for at least an hour. The longer it sits the better it tastes, trust me!)


1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese




Instructions:


Preheat your oven to 350


Line a baking sheet with tinfoil


Slice the bread in 1 and 1/2 inch slices being careful not to go all the way through the bread. Rotate it 90 degrees and make the same 1 and 1/2 inch slices. Then with a pastry brush, brush on the olive oil mix inside all the cracks. Be careful not to tear the bread. Then stuff the bread with the mozzarella cheese. Again be careful not to tear the bread. Then sprinkle the Parmesan on top. For the last step I like to dab on a little bit more of the olive oil on top! Pop it in the oven and bake it about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is all bubbly and the bread is kind of toasty brown. The bread kind of opens up like an awesome blossom at Outback! I liked to dip the bread in the leftover olive oil. Simply delicious!!!!




Just typing this up makes me want to make it again!!!!




2 comments:

  1. MMMMM!!!!! I will so make this your recipes never disappoint :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I"m so glad that you posted this recipe!! I only wish that you were here to make it for me:)

    ReplyDelete