Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dear Baby

Dear baby,

A week ago my life was changed forever.

As I was driving home from work on a Friday afternoon, I was talking to your grandma on the phone. I told her that I might just for fun get a pregnancy test, because although I was pretty sure I wasn't, I had been extremely tired all week. And not just normal sleepy, I mean I was falling asleep at work sleepy. I was also a few days "late."

She told me to go get one and let her know. You'll learn that Grandma Slade is as anxious as me to know things! You'll meet her when she comes to OK for your birth....And stays forever. She's the best grandma in the world. All your cousins think the world revolves around her.

So, to get back on track, I bought a test, took it home and to my ABSOLUTE shock, this is what the pregnancy test read:

You'll have to excuse the blurriness. I believe I was shaking at the time:) I ran into my bedroom woke your dad up out of the dead of sleep and yelled: "Look at the stick!" He looked at the stick and gave me a hug. I asked him if I could call grandma and tell her about you. He somewhat dazed said yes. I turned off the light and began making some calls. Calls I have been waiting what seems all my life to make.

That night we told your dad's family at dinner about you with this adorable onesie that your Aunt Jennifer made:


Since that life changing day little baby, you are ALL I have been able to think about. I have wanted to be a mommy since before I even knew where babies came from. When your aunt Stephanie and I use to play house I would put a pillow under my shirt and pretend I was pregnant.

You are SO loved already. You have grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and most of all a mom and dad who are eagerly awaiting for your arrival.

I am going to try and do my best to make sure you arrive in this world healthy and happy. I am even cutting WAY back of diet Dr. pepper:) I went for a long walk today instead of driving to do my errands to start making myself strong for you.

I remember not too long ago wondering if I was ever going to be a mom. Then I met your daddy. Then, almost a year ago we got married for Time and All Eternity, and became a family. And now when you join our family, you will be ours forever.

I wonder if you will look more like him or me.

I wonder if you will be a boy or girl.

I wonder about a lot of things.

But what I think about most of all is the miracle that you already are to me.

I thank Heavenly Father every night for you.

I love you little baby Hale.

Love, Mom


7 comments:

  1. Sob, sob, sob......wow!!! That was a pretty amazing/inspiring post! This baby will be so, so, blessed to have you for a mom. I also can't WAIT to meet and hold her/him.........love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston Aunt Ellen is thrilled for you Hales!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One VERY lucky baby! I'm so excited for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how excited I am! he/she will be the luckiest kid in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I am so excited for you! You will be the best mom ever! Keep me posted on your pregnancy woes and the sex of your beautiful child!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So precious. I am overjoyed for you friend! Also I can't believe you have already been married a year. My how time flies by. Your beautiful story continues to give me hope. Thank you for sharing. Congrats again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS, MaMa.

    (I kept both of my pregnancy test sticks and wanted to put them in Conor and Megan's baby books. Brian was grossed out by that and made me take them out! I saved them anyway. It's just too exciting to see those lines!!)

    ReplyDelete