Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Year of Wedded Bliss



Jeff and I (and our little lentil) celebrated our 1 year Anniversary on Sunday the 27th of November.

I can't believe its been a year already! I woke up to flowers (roses that reminded Jeff of our bouquet), a gift card inside a really sweet card and a husband who didn't have to work that day!!!!

We played hooky from the world and stayed home all day and watched football and movies. And he rubbed my feet. It was the perfect day.

As I reflected on the last year I came up with some of my favorite things about being married to my sweet Jeff.

1.Having him warm up my car for me in the morning.

2.Having him tickle my back before I fall asleep (that is when we actually sleep together!)

3.Jeff always pours the perfect drink. It use to be Diet Dr. Pepper, but lately it's Grape Gatorade. Sometimes slushy, sometimes normal.

4.Having Jeff empty the dishwasher. It's my worst.

5.Having Jeff take out the garbage.

6.Having someone so handy at fixing things. He's amazing.

7.Having Jeff get my make-up bag every morning for me. And he NEVER complains.

8.Having a GREAT mother-in-law. She's been one of my only friends this first year. I don't know what I would have done without her.

9.Having someone help me pay off MY not HIS credit card debt, and never make me feel bad.

10.Being married to a worthy Priesthood holder.

11.When he actually goes shopping with me, he carries all the groceries inside.

12.Having someone to watch cheesy disaster/alien movies with.

13.He make the MOST delicious Annie's macaroni.

14. He crisps my chicken to the perfect burntness.

15.Having someone to spend the holiday's with.

16.Having someone to sit at church with.

17.He always surprises me with little "prizes". On Sunday it happened to be tums:)

18.Jeff loving my nieces and nephews. He told me that if any of our kids turned out like Bridger he would be more than okay with that. I fell in love with him all over again.

19.Being married to SUCH a hard worker.

20.Finding out I was pregnant and knowing he would be SUCH a good daddy.


I love you honey!

It's been a great year.

I'm glad we have an eternity more of them.

5 comments:

  1. Why do your blogs always make me cry??? Jeff IS amazing and SO are you. I love you both. Congratulations....and has your package come yet? And, like I said...if Bridger grows up to be as good of a husband as Jeff is to you I'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better, Steph, they usually make me cry too, and I am way more out of the picture here than you! :) She just has a knack for writing these touching posts.

    Alicia, I had no idea you liked cheesy alien/disaster movies. We really are soul sisters haha. <3 Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete