Tuesday, November 1, 2011

True love...........at 2:00 a.m.!

I think I've mentioned a time or two how amazing Jeff is. He is so sweet, and always doing nice things for me. I try my best to do the same for him. Although I think he wins for the most part:)









However.......On Sunday night I did surprise him....at 2:00 in the morning.



That evening we went to his sister's to celebrate her little girl's birthday and ate dinner. So when it was time to make Jeff's lunch I didn't have anything prepared. With a lot of guilt I made him a box of macaroni and cheese and some frozen chicken, and sent him off to work.




At about 10:30 our texting conversation went like this:



I'm not sure what had gotten into me but I felt like surprising him with a lunch at home instead of having him eat at work. He told me I could make a frozen pizza if I was too tired. Has he MET me?



I looked in my cupboards and freezer and decided to whip up some homemade chicken Parmesan. I took a bit from a recipe online, but basically just made it up as I went along (including homemade sauce:))I think it turned out pretty fabulous! I also thought while I was at it I would set the table nice. Usually when we eat it's on the couch watching tv!






Here's my hard working husband enjoying his meal. Disclaimer: If you notice the top of his dinner it's loaded with Parmesan cheese from the CAN. I had a lovely bowl of freshly grated Parmesan for myself but my weird husband PREFERS the can. It makes me sad every time he sprinkles it on his food. We enjoyed a nice meal together and started "Season of the Witch" before he left. I DO NOT recommend starting that movie if you're scared of the dark and sleeping by yourself because your husband is leaving back to work at 3:00 a.m.




I love you honey and thanks for working so HARD!!!!










3 comments:

  1. don't fret. it doesn't matter how fresh or how much cheese I add to pasta my hubby ALWAYS adds the store bought crap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too! Thanks for making that for me! It was very delicious. ...and the parmesan in the can is VERY good!

    ReplyDelete