Friday, March 16, 2012

Last Night

Dear little Olivia,

Every night before I go to sleep your daddy tickles my back and plays with my hair. It's seriously the best. I don't even have to ask him. He just knows. So last night, after we got done talking, I gave him a kiss and said "You know what it's time for. He said, "I know tickle your back." He is just the best husband ever. I hope you find someone that treats you just as well someday.
Anyhow.......As I was drifting off to sleep your dad called my name and said he felt you move. I thought it was just another of your little flutterings that I live for.....Which by the way, I'm convinced you know we are trying to feel you, and you hide from us. Tricky little girl:)
I think I said that's nice, but he said no it was more than that.
He was rubbing my side and felt your little foot! He said he felt the clear outline of it!! And when he put his hand on it you kind of kicked it away!
I was so excited I couldn't sleep. And also a little bit jealous that he got to feel you first before me!
But, I like to think of it as your present to your daddy. After all, I get to have you inside me all by myself for nine months before I have to share you. It was probably your special way of saying hi to daddy, and that you love him! Way to start early on being a daddy's girl!
But....I wouldn't mind to feel you next!!!
We love you sweet little girl!
P.S. Your Auntie Phoo bought your bedding last night. Mommy is beyond excited to start on your room when Grandma Slade gets here in 2 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts and how much little Olivia is loved already. I can't wait to meet her... thank you for keeping us updated. So happy for you and Jeff and glad that you're so happy. :) Love, Leah

    ReplyDelete