Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Little Olivia Stephanie Hale









Dear Olivia,


On Sunday your dad and I (and lots and lots of family) found out that you are going to be a girl. I even tear up just typing this.......For a couple months now I was pretty positive you were going to be a boy. But in my heart I couldn't let go of the thoughts of tu-tu's and leg warmers and bows...and well you know:). Needless to say I couldn't be MORE thrilled that I'm having a sweet little daughter.

When your aunt Stephanie and I were little girls we always said that we would name our first born daughters after each other. You already have a little cousin named Brooklyn Alicia that was born last year. Now we will have a little Olivia Stephanie born about 10 months later. You 2 will even be in the same grade. Your aunt and I are already planning the first trip we will take you guys on. The American Girl store in New York. How perfect is that?

And your precious Grandma Slade already bought your take home outfit. I've already spent hours looking for the perfect bedding for your first room. I'm having SO much fun!!

You are already SURROUNDED by SO many people that love you! You are the luckiest little girl in the world. Your cousin Courtney started planning a party to reveal whether you were going to be a boy or girl the minute I told her I was pregnant. She went to SO much work to plan this party. And your Aunt Cindy (her mom)hosted it at her house. Your going to love your aunt Cindy's house. Especially at Christmas time. There's a whole tree of barbie ornaments!

Here are some of the pictures from the party. If you'll notice your daddy is wearing a pink and blue tie. He had to stay impartial. And even though I thought blue for months, I chose that Sunday to wear a dress with pink flowers. Fate? I think so!

Here are the family members who were on "Team Pink." Your "Papa" snuck in both pictures:) Mimi is so excited for another little girl to join the crew!

Here's your great Grandma Lill and Kenneth. They always make a special effort to come to family events. Your great Grandma Lill is your daddy's grandma.Here's your daddy. When he saw a whole crock pot full of meat, I think he cried tears of joy. No. Really. He did.

Before we ate the meal your Great Uncle Rick said the sweetest blessing on the food. He talked about how loved you were and how excited your family was to meet you. He also said you would be raised in the Lord's name. You absolutely will. Your mom started crying. Surprise!





Here is the video of us cutting the cake to find out! We had your Slade family in Utah on Skype. It was pretty exciting!!


I love you my sweet little baby girl. Your dad and I are so excited to meet you. But you just stay where you are and continue to grow healthy and strong and come when you're ready.....We'll have a whole bunch of people ready to greet you.


Love, Mom

3 comments:

  1. I had a feeling you were having a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What more can I say than, "precious." You ALWAYS make me tear up, and your little girl is so BLESSED to have you and Jeff as her parents. I can't wait to meet this special little one.....and I can't wait for our trip to the American Girl Store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. You seriously are going to be the best parents ever!

    ReplyDelete