Monday, March 26, 2012

Little Piece of Heaven

I got to go HOME 2 weeks ago.
It was just what I needed.
I got spoiled by my mom
If you ask Jeff he'll tell you I've been talking about getting breakfast in bed made by my mom for weeks. The way only MY mom can make it. She didn't disappoint. She's the ABSOLUTE best mom ever.
I got to meet the 2 newest members of the Slade clan.
One is 4 months, the other 6.....Can you tell which? I couldn't get enough of them!
Olivia got BEYOND SPOILED at a shower with my sisters and mom and a few close friends. We had it at Red Lobster. Can you think of anything more perfect? I sure can't. I had to take 3 pictures of her loot to send to daddy back in OK...
She's going to be one well dressed/well read to/well blanketed little lady. She doesn't know how great of a family she is joining!
I'm still working on thank you notes......
It's hard to pick a favorite day I had.
They were all SO wonderful.
But Sunday was practically perfect.
We had an early St. Patrick's Day treasure hunt for the kiddos. We barbecued. We ate. We talked. We laughed. And we were entertained by the funniest kids you've ever met.
Here's a picture of my dad sitting in the kitchen. At one point I looked at him and he had this big grin on his face. I know there is nothing he loves more than when his family is home.

This is of my niece Sammie. I now know her mom's secret to being so skinny. I was worn out just watching her. She had me laughing all day. She reminds me so much of her dad. She is adorable. Excuse the cackling in the background by me:)

Here's a video of Sophie and Ty chasing each other on the table. They were dogs. Of course.

I remember looking around as I was sitting on the couch and thinking that this is what Heaven must be like. Surrounded by family that you love more than anything on earth.

The only reason I didn't cry on the way home is because my mom will be here on THURSDAY!!!!

I'm so grateful I have an Eternal family. I'm hoping for an eternity of days like I had at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment