Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pink Nightgown Kind of Night



Anyone who knows me well, knows that I have a pink nightgown. And when I put on that pink nightgown, it's not going to be a good night. I put it on when I want comfort, I put it on when I'm sad. I put it on when I'm mad. Just ask my Boston friends about a certain 4th of July.........

Last week after making cookies for our neighbor (situation all cleared up!), I started in on making dinner. For this dinner I needed to crumble some bread and garlic for a crumbled topping. I tried doing it in my itty bitty food processor. When the blade kept coming undone for the 400th time, I unplugged it in a fit of anger and threw it away. I couldn't deal with it anymore. Another weakness of mine is to throw stuff away....ask Ellen, she has stories to tell!

Next I tried the blender. Bad, Bad idea Alicia. I think a few choice words may have escaped from my lips. The bread kept getting clogged in the bottom ( I didn't throw the blender away). At that point I put on my nightgown. I was desperate. I turned to Jeff with frustration and maybe a few tears and asked him if I could PLEASE have my present early.

Jeff in his infinite wisdom gave in:) I think he's been married to me long enough to know when it's better to give in then deal with my crazy Pre-PMS emotions.

I bet you're wondering how I knew what present I was most likely getting?

1. I've been BEGGING him for a food processor for MONTHS!

2. I saw on his phone he was researching food processors.

3. Last week I saw him carrying in a big box! He told me not to look:)

So, he led me into the guest room (that I was warned not to go in), and he let me open my present!!! Guess what it was?????If you look closely, you can see the nightgown:)






A gorgeous 14 cup food processor! It came with a french fry grater, a slicer and a dicer. I'm seriously in heaven. Jeff said he had never seen me that excited the whole time he's known me.



I love my husband.



And I love that he fears the pink nightgown.



















7 comments: